Lets face it, we all fear to be in Katherine Heigl's position. Not only, 'always the bridesmaid, never the bride' BUT more importantly having a closet full of terrible dresses.
Your sister, childhood friend, or college roommate asks you to be a bridesmaid. You're happy, honored, and excited, until the reality sets in...you're a bridesmaid. It begins to sink in, the horror of the bad bridesmaid dress. I am sure we have all seen our share of terrible taffeta, and shameful chiffon, but brides listen up! You can still have the wedding of your dreams without making your bridesmaids miserable.
Here are 5 helpful dress tips in making and keeping your bridesmaids happy...
1. Like I said before, leave the poorly made taffeta, and cheap chiffon behind. Most places will overcharge you and make you order months and months in advance.
2. Pick a ready-to-wear bridal store like J. Crew or Ann Taylor where dresses are already made in number sizes (0-16 for example) and are not made to measurements.
-An advantage of this is, dresses will most likely come in the same fabric and color but will be offered in multiple styles so all bridesmaids from short to tall, and busty to hippy will find a dress to flatter their figure.
3. If you do not have your heart set on any color, let them wear black. Who doesn't like to add another LBD to their closet?
4. If you decide on a general enough color like navy, or champagne. Let them find the dress on their own. (If you are nervous on their style choice, have them O.K. it with you first) That way they can choose how much they are spending, and they are guaranteed to wear it again.
5. Last but not least, you know your bridesmaids, you picked them to be in your wedding after all! You know their style, you know what they like or what they don't like. (Or at least I hope you do!) Yes, it is your day! Just remember you asked them to be apart of it.
picture from google images
dresses from J. Crew